for 4 Groundfish Stocks and Windowpane Flounder Accountability Measures
- Georges Bank cod quota will decrease by 13%;
- Georges Bank haddock quota will increase by 2%;
- Georges Bank yellowtail flounder will decrease 23%; and
- Witch flounder quota will increase 91%.
We set catch limits for the 2017 fishing year for the remaining 16 groundfish stocks last year in Framework 55. The 2017 catch limits for these 16 stocks remain the same as or similar to 2016 limits.
The action sets sector allocations and common pool trip limits based on the 2017 limits and finalized 2017 sector rosters.
Framework 56 also:
- Creates an allocation of northern windowpane flounder for the scallop fishery;
- Revises the trigger for implementing the scallop fishery’s accountability measures for both its GB yellowtail flounder and northern windowpane flounder allocation; and
- Increases the GB haddock allocation for the midwater trawl fishery.
Read the Framework 56 permit holder letter posted on our website.
Finally, this action implements the accountability measures for the 2017 fishing year for the northern and southern windowpane flounder.
Read the permit holder letter for summer flounder, scup, and black sea bass vessels regarding the southern windowpane flounder accountability measures posted on our website.