1. Ryabaga Camp, Kola Peninsula Russia: Experience the excitement of a true wilderness location, yet an oasis of comfort, hospitality and fine cuisine. A totally wild Atlantic salmon population thrives here. The Ponoi is one of the few rivers left where catches are recorded in thousands and even the slowest weeks exceed an entire season’s catch elsewhere. Perfect for salmon anglers of every age and ability and those with limited mobility.
2. Mission Lodge, Alaska’s Bristol Bay: Guests of the Mission Lodge fly out daily to remote locations in southwestern Alaska’s prolific Bristol Bay watershed. All five species of Pacific salmon, rainbow trout, dolly varden, arctic char, and grayling are available only a short flight from the lodge. You also have the flexibility to set your own schedule; the manager and guide seek your input each evening regarding the next day’s fishing. From trophy rainbows to tackle-busting kings, Mission Lodge is perfectly located to fulfill all of your fishing dreams.
3. Big Hole River Lodge, Southwest Montana: Big Hole Lodge is clearly defined as one of the great fly fishing destinations in North America. The wild trophy trout fishing possibilities are unmatched in the West, along with the unpressured fishing experience of Southwestern Montana. This Orvis Endorsed lodge is nestled in a magnificent wilderness setting in the Pioneer Mountains with a beautiful trout stream at its doorstep.
4. Steelhead Valhalla and Suskeena Lodge, British Columbia: Steelhead Valhalla and Suskeena Lodge are remotely located on the Sustut River, upstream from the Skeena River confluence in British Columbia. More than 100 miles from civilization and accessible only by plane, the Sustut is the least fished of all the famous Skeena tributaries and is revered trophy fish water with the particularly large Bear River fish at the forefront. Wildlife is prolific with eagles, moose, bears, wolves and grouse roaming the shores.
5. Salvelinus Outfitters, Spanish Pyrenees: Experience the unspoiled nature of Spain’s Pyrenees where crystal clear waters teem with wild trout. You’ll have access to more than 60 rivers and 180 lakes all within easy driving distance of two lodges, both of which feature comfortable accommodations, delicious Mediterranean cuisine and Spain’s famous Rioja wines. This is the perfect trip for couples blending first-rate fly fishing with Old World charm.