When water conditions are low, clear and warm, like they are now, be sure to practice good catch-and-release techniques when releasing fish.
- Fish early in the day when water and air temperatures are at their coolest.
- Land fish quickly. Playing a fish too long reduces its chances to recover.
- Keep the fish in the water while landing and releasing it.
- If you can’t remove the hook easily, cut the leader near the hook, which will eventually dissolve.
- Revive the fish in moving water before releasing it.