Social distancing is a challenge for all anglers; the itch to go fishing just keeps growing. But this is a time for all New Mexicans to pull together for the overall health of all our citizens and stay home. The Department reminds anglers it is their responsibility to be aware of closures and contact land managers for properties of interest when restrictions are lifted.
- Bureau of Land Management (BLM) – https://www.blm.gov/new-mexico
- U.S. Forest Service (USFS) – https://www.fs.usda.gov/about-agency/covid19-updates
- New Mexico State Lands – https://www.nmstatelands.org/resources/recreational-access/
- New Mexico State Parks – http://www.emnrd.state.nm.us/SPD/
- New Mexico Open Gate Properties – http://www.wildlife.state.nm.us/hunting/maps/open-gate-program/
- New Mexico Wildlife Management Areas – http://www.wildlife.state.nm.us/conservation/state-game-commission-lands/
- Angler and outdoor recreationists should consult their local government’s website for information regarding specific city and town fishing access.